Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
National Cancer Institute. SEER Cancer Statistics Factsheets: Lung and Bronchus Cancer. 2015. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/lungb.html. Accessed: November 30, 2015.
Howlader N, Noone AM, Krapcho M, et al, eds. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2012 (updated August 20, 2015). National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2012/, based on November 2014 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER web site, April 2015. Accessed: November 30, 2015.
- Lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1367-1380
- The 2015 World Health Organization classification of lung tumors: impact of genetic, clinical and radiologic advances since the 2004 classification.J Thorac Oncol. 2015; 10: 1243-1260
- Immunologic checkpoint blockade in lung cancer.Semin Oncol. 2015; 42: 402-417
- Treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation or ALK gene rearrangement: results of an international expert panel meeting of the Italian Association of Thoracic Oncology.Clin Lung Cancer. 2014; 15: 173-181
National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN guidelines: non-small cell lung cancer version 7.2015. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nscl.pdf. Accessed: November 30, 2015.
- Metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC): ESMO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: iii27-iii39
- Systemic therapy for stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology clinical practice guideline update.J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33: 3488-3515
- Molecular testing guideline for selection of lung cancer patients for EGFR and ALK tyrosine kinase inhibitors: guideline from the College of American Pathologists, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, and Association for Molecular Pathology.J Thorac Oncol. 2013; 8: 823-859
- 2nd ESMO Consensus Conference on Lung Cancer: non-small-cell lung cancer first-line/second and further lines of treatment in advanced disease.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: 1475-1484
- Second-line and third-line chemotherapy for lung cancer: use and cost.Am J Manag Care. 2008; 14: 297-306
- Predictors and impact of second-line chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer in the United States: real-world considerations for maintenance therapy.J Thorac Oncol. 2011; 6: 365-371
- Treatment patterns and healthcare costs among patients with advanced non–small-cell lung cancer.Lung Cancer Manage. 2013; 2: 189-197
- Treatment patterns and outcomes in patients with non-squamous advanced non-small cell lung cancer receiving second-line treatment in a community-based oncology network.Lung Cancer. 2013; 82: 469-476
- Real-world treatment patterns and costs in a US Medicare population with metastatic squamous non-small cell lung cancer.Lung Cancer. 2015; 87: 176-185
Flatiron Health. Available at: http://www.flatiron.com/life-sciences. Accessed: November 30, 2015.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/HIPAA-Administrative-Simplification/HIPAAGenInfo/Downloads/HIPAALaw.pdf. Accessed: November 30, 2015.
- Creating a process to standardize regimen order sets within an electronic health record.J Oncol Pract. 2011; 7: e8-e14
- Treatment and outcome of patients with metastatic NSCLC: a retrospective institution analysis of 493 patients.Respir Res. 2013; 14: 139
- Real-world chemotherapy treatment patterns in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer: are patients undertreated?.Cancer. 2015; 121: 2562-2569
- Is second-line systemic chemotherapy beneficial in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)? A multicenter data evaluation by the Anatolian Society of Medical Oncology.Tumour Biol. 2015; 36: 9641-9648
- Longitudinal analysis of 2293 NSCLC patients: a comprehensive study from the TYROL registry.Lung Cancer. 2015; 87: 193-200
- Advanced non-small cell lung cancer management in patients progressing after first-line treatment: results of the cross-sectional phase of the Italian LIFE observational study.J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2014; 140: 1783-1793
- The prevalence of EGFR mutations in non-small cell lung cancer in an unselected Caucasian population.APMIS. 2015; 123: 108-115
- EGFR mutation testing on cytological and histological samples in non-small cell lung cancer: a Polish, single institution study and systematic review of European incidence.Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013; 6: 2800-2812
- ALK rearrangements are mutually exclusive with mutations in EGFR or KRAS: an analysis of 1,683 patients with non-small cell lung cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2013; 19: 4273-4281
- Differential sensitivities to tyrosine kinase inhibitors in NSCLC harboring EGFR mutation and ALK translocation.Lung Cancer. 2012; 77: 460-463
- Anaplastic lymphoma kinase inhibition in non-small-cell lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 1693-1703
National Center for Health Statistics. International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM). Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/icd/icd9cm.htm. Accessed: November 27, 2015.