Clinical Practice Points
- •Non–small-cell lung cancer harboring the duplex EGFR exon 21 L833V/H835L mutation is rare but exhibits sensitivity to EGFR TKI (tyrosine kinase inhibitor) therapy.
- •We report a case of this mutation in lung adenocarcinoma with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis which demonstrated an exceptional response to the EGFR TKI osimertinib.
- •Clinicians should be aware of the potentially actionable nature of the EGFR L833V/H835L mutation and consider treatment with a TKI such as osimertinib.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Lung Cancer
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A sequential method of epidermal growth factor receptor mutation detection reduces false negatives: a new case with doublet mutations of L833V and H835L in China.Clin Lung Cancer. 2013; 14: 295-300
- Good response to gefitinib in a lung adenocarcinoma harboring a heterozygous complex mutation of L833V and H835L in epidermal growth factor receptor gene.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: e468-e469
- The effectiveness of afatinib and osimertinib in a Chinese patient with advanced lung adenocarcinoma harboring a rare triple EGFR mutation (R670W/H835L/L833V): a case report and literature review.OncoTargets Ther. 2018; 11: 4739
- Osimertinib for patients with non–small-cell lung cancer harboring uncommon EGFR mutations: a multicenter, open-label, phase II trial (KCSG-LU15-09).J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 488
Published online: February 08, 2023
Accepted: January 20, 2023
Received in revised form: January 3, 2023
Received: November 1, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.