Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Lung Cancer
American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2021. Cancer Facts and Figures (2021).
- Cancer statistics for African Americans, 2019.CA Cancer J Clin. 2019; 69: 211-233
- Addressing Disparities in Lung Cancer Screening Eligibility and Healthcare Access. An Official American Thoracic Society Statement.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2020; 202: e95-e112
State of Lung Cancer | Racial and Ethnic Disparities | American Lung Association. https://www.lung.org/research/state-of-lung-cancer/racial-and-ethnic-disparities.
- Black patients referred to a lung cancer screening program experience lower rates of screening and longer time to follow-up.BMC Cancer. 2020; 20: 561
American Lung Association. No Title. https://www.lung.org/research/state-of-lung-cancer/states/ohio.
- Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Follow-Up Adherence for Incidental Pulmonary Nodules: An Application of a Cascade-of-Care Framework.Journal of the American College of Radiology. 2020; 17: 1410-1419
- Timeliness of lung cancer diagnosis and treatment in a rapid outpatient diagnostic program with combined 18FDG-PET and contrast enhanced CT scanning.Lung Cancer. 2012; 75
- Rapid outpatient diagnostic pathways for lung cancer: Evaluation after one year.Rev Mal Respir. 2021; 38
Velasco Garrido, J. L. et al. Implementation of a rapid outpatient diagnostic program for suspected lung cancer in our hospital. in (2017). doi:10.1183/1393003.congress-2017.pa4246.
- Time to diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer: A systematic overview of risk factors, interventions and impact on patient outcomes.Lung Cancer. 2022; 166: 27-39
- Neighborhood Disadvantage and Lung Cancer Incidence in Ever-Smokers at a Safety Net Health-Care System.Chest. 2020; 157: 1021-1029
- Interrupted time series regression for the evaluation of public health interventions: A tutorial.Int J Epidemiol. 2017; 46
- Timeliness of care in patients with lung cancer: A systematic review.Thorax. 2009; 64
- How long is too long? A scoping review of health system delays in lung cancer.European Respiratory Review. 2018; 27180045
- Typical Time to Treatment of Patients With Lung Cancer in a Multisite, US-Based Study.J Oncol Pract. 2016; 12: e643-e653
- Timeliness of access to lung cancer diagnosis and treatment: A scoping literature review.Lung Cancer. 2017; 112: 156-164
- BTS recommendations to respiratory physicians for organising the care of patients with lung cancer.Thorax. 1998; 53
- Practice Organization.Chest. 2003; 123: 332S-337S
- Transforming Health Care Scheduling and Access.National Academies Press, 2015https://doi.org/10.17226/20220
- Asch S.M. Kerr E.A. Hamilton E.G. Reifel J.L. McGlynn Elizabeth A. Quality of Care for Oncologic Conditions and HIV: A Review of the Literature and Quality Indicators. RAND Corporation, 2000
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Version 6.2020.Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2020; 17
- A Multi-faceted Intervention Aimed at Black-White Disparities in the Treatment of Early Stage Cancers: The ACCURE Pragmatic Quality Improvement trial.J Natl Med Assoc. 2020; 112: 468-477
- Sociodemographic factors and delays in the diagnosis of six cancers: analysis of data from the ‘National Survey of NHS Patients: Cancer’.Br J Cancer. 2005; 92: 1971-1975
- Ethnic inequalities in time to diagnosis of cancer: a systematic review.BMC Fam Pract. 2013; 14: 197
- The influence of ethnicity on diagnosis of cancer.Fam Pract. 2016; 33: 325-326
- Racial Differences Pertaining to a Belief about Lung Cancer Surgery: Results of a Multicenter Survey.Ann Intern Med. 2003; 139: 558
- Evaluating Beliefs Associated with Late-Stage Lung Cancer Presentation in Minorities.Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 2013; 8: 12-18
- Cultural Factors Associated with Racial Disparities in Lung Cancer Care.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2014; 11: 489-495
- Disparities in lung cancer screening: A review.Annals of the American Thoracic Society. 2020; 17 (Preprint at)https://doi.org/10.1513/AnnalsATS.201907-556CME
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: YT reports partial support from UL1 TR002548 from NCATS/NIH
Author's contributions: All authors were involved in the design and implementation of the study and contributed to the generation, refinement, and approval of the final manuscript.
Conflict of Interest Statement – Dr. Tarabichi provides paid consulting to Beckman Coulter for their unrelated work on electronic health record driven sepsis early warning systems. The remaining authors report no conflicts of interest.